Sakina Block Printed Clutch
Sakina brings block print right up to date. Modern and minimal with a faintly botanical twist, she is backed in neat khaki cotton, lined in soft gold and ready to accompany you on every adventure. Sakina is named for the mother of Juned bhai, our master printer in the village of Ajrakhpur, Kutch.
The Sakina clutch features block-printed cotton, stamped by hand to our exact specifications in the workshop of expert Ajrakh artisans in Kutch, India. The blue is natural indigo while the green colour is an AZO-free, eco-friendly dye.
Size: 32cm wide x 25cm tall x 1cm deep. So yes, you should pack all three lipsticks and that notebook full of world domination plans. Wrist strap is a 56cm loop.
Shipping is free within the UK
See below for more details and important notes!
- Our handbags are detailed in chocolate-brown Piñatex, a brand spanking new vegan leather alternative made from pineapple leaf fibre!
- Each bag is lined and backed in organic, fair trade certified cotton from south India.
- A little extra sparkle comes from our brushed brass nameplate tag on the front! This was cast by fair trade jewellery makers in Delhi.
- We use sturdy YKK zips: a big chunky gold one on top and a neat little colour-coordinated one guarding all the treasures you keep in the inner pocket.
- All of our clutch bags are lovingly made under fair trade conditions in Bangalore.
- Due to the artisan nature of hand-printed fabrics, it's natural for there to be very slight variations between any two pieces of the Sakina bag, or a tiny dye splotch on the cotton here & there. We call them perfect imperfections and truly believe that "today's greatest fashion luxury is found in things touched by human hands" (Vogue's Suzy Menkes). We hope you'll agree the uniqueness of each piece adds to the charm!
- Piñatex is a fibrous textile and the edges of the strap may get a little fuzzy over time. Don't we all?
- This item is not suitable for children due to small parts. Let your little fashionistas get a bit bigger first!
- Wash care: artisan fabrics are not 100% colourfast. If your bag gets dirty, please spot-clean it with love & tenderness.