Sherbanu Tie Dye Clutch
Sherbanu lives in the city but dreams of weekends under a canopy of trees and stars. Handbag by day, travel pouch inside a backpack by night, she's all set. Sherbanu was named for the mother of Abdullah bhai, our expert tie-dye master in Kutch, in honour of their rich family history in this craft.
Size: 32cm wide x 25cm tall x 1cm deep. Almost as capacious as Mary Poppins' carpet bag. Wrist strap is a 56cm loop.
See below for more details and important notes!
Price includes postage & packing within the UK
- Our clutches are detailed in chocolate-brown Piñatex, a brand spanking new vegan leather alternative made from pineapple leaf fibre!
- Each bag is lined and backed in organic, fair trade certified cotton from south India.
- A little extra sparkle comes from our brushed brass nameplate tag on the front! This was cast by fair trade jewellery makers in Delhi.
- We use sturdy YKK zips: a big chunky gold one on top and a neat little colour-coordinated one guarding all the treasures you keep in the inner pocket.
- All bags are lovingly made under fair trade conditions in Bangalore.
- Every single panel for these clutches was hand-dyed individually. A wonderful result of this is that no two pieces are exactly the same: as you'd expect, there are differences in the final colour and exact pattern of the fold. See the image of the five different bags above for examples of this variety. Your clutch will be one of a kind! We truly believe that "today's greatest fashion luxury is found in things touched by human hands" (Vogue's Suzy Menkes) and hope you'll agree the uniqueness of each piece adds to the charm!
- Piñatex is a fibrous textile and the edges of the strap can sometimes appear a little fuzzy. Can't we all?
- This item is not suitable for children due to small parts. Let your little fashionistas get a bit bigger first!
- Wash care: artisan fabrics are not 100% colourfast. If your bag gets dirty, please spot-clean it with love & tenderness.