Salma Embroidered Cross-Body Bag
Salma is a stunner. Our luxury pick, she features a meticulously detailed geometric design embroidered by hand. Bright and bold, Salma pairs equally well with a little black dress as she does with a full-on boho riot of other colours, textures, tassels and flower crowns.
The Salma cross-body bag features exquisite hand embroidery by women of the Garasia Jat community in Kutch, India, known for their cross-stitch style. Now settled across 28 villages throughout Kutch, the Garasias were previously camel herders.
Size: 24cm wide x 17cm tall x 2.5cm deep. Adjustable cross-body strap with a maximum length of 125cm and minimum length of 68cm.
Shipping is free within the UK
See below for more details and important notes!
- Our handbags are detailed in chocolate-brown Piñatex, a brand spanking new vegan leather alternative made from pineapple leaf fibre!
- Each bag is lined and backed in organic, fair trade certified cotton from south India.
- We use sturdy YKK zips: a big chunky gold one on top and a neat little colour-coordinated one guarding all the treasures you keep in the inner pocket.
- Our cross-body bags are sustainably made here in the UK.
- Every single stitch of this incredible embroidery was done by hand - without a pattern! While we think the uniformity is astounding, of course no two pieces are exactly the same. Your bag will be one of a kind! We truly believe that "today's greatest fashion luxury is found in things touched by human hands" (Vogue's Suzy Menkes) and hope you'll agree the uniqueness of each piece adds to the charm!
- Piñatex is a fibrous textile and the edges of the strap may get a little fuzzy over time. Don't we all?
- This item is not suitable for children due to small parts. Let your little fashionistas get a bit bigger first!
- Wash care: artisan fabrics are not 100% colourfast. If your bag gets dirty, please spot-clean it with love & tenderness.